Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i love my stangs and i know its blasphemy but....2006 BUGATTI VEYRON..get ready now.....16 cylinders....4 turbochargers...987 hp...922 torque...0-60 in less than 2 seconds...0-120 in less than less than 7 seconds...thats right....by the time you get off the starting line hes crossing the finish line....only thing keeping me from pulling my hair out and robbing a third would country for it is logic....i can barely have fun in my stang without it looking like the end scene in the blues brothers....where the hell can you drive the bugatti?

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
And how many supercharged GTs could you buy for the price of one of those?

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
AND...UH... how many opportunities will you have to line up next to a 2006 Veyron?

uhhh, NONE!

that design has been about 11 years in the making. it took more money to engineer the car and Bugatti (AKA Volkswagen) will never recoup those costs.

What this means to you: Don't expect to see this one roar past you on the freeway. The people who can afford it (over $1 million) view it as a "work of art" and don't really plan to do much driving.

·
Registered
886 Posts
I'm getting mine next week....

Yeah, that is one rediculously fast vehicle. Two keys - one to start and drive, and a second that fits in a lock in the center console to activate "full speed mode." hoo, nelly.....Sure, they'll never get the cost back directly, but the engineering that went into it will produce advances that will work their way into production cars. It's all trickle down. Or, at least, that's the idea. not that you'll ever see a quad turbo on a passat. And, it's so dam cool, it'll get tons of press.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah..its a dream...me and bill gates racing the backroads....but hey you never know...i met an enzo on the west side of manhattan in october....

·
Registered
202 Posts
0-120 in less than 7 seconds!:drool: I wonder how many G's you're pulling. Well, I guess if you ever line up next to John Force in his Mustang funny car you've got a chance.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
nghtrnnr said:
i love my stangs and i know its blasphemy but....2006 BUGATTI VEYRON..get ready now.....16 cylinders....4 turbochargers...987 hp...922 torque...0-60 in less than 2 seconds...0-120 in less than less than 7 seconds...thats right....by the time you get off the starting line hes crossing the finish line....only thing keeping me from pulling my hair out and robbing a third would country for it is logic....i can barely have fun in my stang without it looking like the end scene in the blues brothers....where the hell can you drive the bugatti?
Lotus Elise Series 1, turbo charged JSPEC 2ZZ-GE toyota engine producing 500 HP at max boost (tuner in europe). This car weighs 1600 Lbs, the series 2 cars (for usa) is about 1900 lbs with 200 HP. so at 500 HP and 1600 Lbs, this is 3 lbs per horse power. Thats pretty insane!

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
ultraclyde said:
Two keys - one to start and drive, and a second that fits in a lock in the center console to activate "full speed mode." hoo, nelly.....
The second key is given to your wife, no doubt.

·
Registered
419 Posts
How Many g's You Asked

FordFreak said:
0-120 in less than 7 seconds!:drool: I wonder how many G's you're pulling. Well, I guess if you ever line up next to John Force in his Mustang funny car you've got a chance.
Well, . . .That's a good question. Let's see.
Using simple Newtonian Mechanics (i.e. Physics)
V = V' + AT
Where, V = Velocity (120pmh = 176ft/sec)
V' = Initial Velocity (which in this case = 0 ft/sec)
A = Accelleration ( 1g = 32.2 ft/sec/sec)
T = Time (7 sec)
Solving the above equation for A you get :
A = 25.14 ft/sec/sec
Which then equates to 0.78g 's of lateral accelration.
Of course that assumes that the accelleration is uniform throughout the entire run.:dunce:

·
Registered
867 Posts
TMI - and you would think someone who could work out that equation could spell ACCELERATION. :sterb: Just a joke :eyepoppin

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.