Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I recently bought a set of under drive pulleys for my 2003 GT off of ebay. The ones I bought are supposed to be BBK but I'm suspicious. Well, after I bought em' I looked up the pulleys and found out they are actually a set for a 99-01 mustang, I belive. These use a piggy back system, which I also found out sucks. I was wondering if there was a way I could get them on my 03 GT, but it looks like the water pump pulley will rub against the block before I could get it on the shaft. Because the underdrive water pump pulley is the bell kind, not the simple rim kind-that looks like a hoop. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Aaron

·
Registered
704 Posts
believe it or not, ebay actually has a solid return policy. i would just return the item and if the seller does not wish to refund you, just file complaint with ebay, easy win.

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
If the waterpump pulley is the wrong one, its possible, but ill-advised to try to make it work, and with them being piggyback style I would just return them and get the right ones. The piggyback ones are notorious for failing. If the waterpump pulley works right, you can just get a steeda underdrive crank pulley, it comes with an integral balancer and willl work great, but you don't want to mess around here unless you like getting stranded.

·
Registered
958 Posts
If I were you bro I wouldn't try and make em work because that isnt good for your engine because the 99-01.5 GT engines have some differences with their pulley designs with the 02-04 GTs.

And to start with the underdrive pulleys from BBK use that piggyback design that really sucks so return the BBKs and go to American Muscle and buy some steeda Underdrive pulleys. They actually worked with Ford to get the right basically EVERYTHING for our GT/Cobra's 4.6L engines.

Go steeda bro and trust me you wont regret it!:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
89 Posts
these guys are right. two totally different styles of pulleys you shouldnt make those work. return them and order them from summit or something. they arent to costly

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys, but I've looked at summit ones and can't find ou if they're piggyback or not, are they? Because to tell you the truth, I would rather spend 99 bucks than 199 on steedas when both are one peice cranks.

anyhow, thanks fellas,
Aaron:scratchchin

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.