Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK I have been playing around with getting the SLP loudmouths for my GT, so friday night, I pulled off the stock mufflers, and drove it around, the drone was really bad, and it was REALLY loud. My question is are the SLP's really THAT loud? or with the exaust being routed out the back, is it not as loud?? and before ya start the flamming, the pipes were put back on saturday AM.

Tim
P.S. what did you think the topic was:doh: ??????????

·
Registered
483 Posts
From what I've heard, the drone with the SLPs is nothing like what you'd get without tailpipes at all. Everyone has different preferences though, so one man's drone is another's R-O-A-R! heh..

I'm STILL waiting for my f#$%ng Loud Mouths. Damn online retailer.. a week and a half and still haven't even shipped. The ba$#%$ds don't answer their phone, don't respond to emails... nothin. But they pushed that credit card authorization through ASAP.

JUST PLAIN WRONG.

Best of Luck with your SLPs,
Moses

p.s. Don't let your wife clean your pipes in YOUR 2005!

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have the SLP Loudmouths installed and think they're great. Very loud when I want them to be but basically no louder than stock at idle. No drone and almost as quite as stock at freeway speeds. A great investment that saves you weight.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Eh, they are only loud when you punch it, or when you are decelerating and you punch it. Cold starts are loud, too. But you get used to this all. They don't drone. They are barely louder than stock at idle or at cruising. They also have this metallic, raspy sound which some people really like.

·
Registered
131 Posts
The sound of my Loud Mouths is great. Everyone in my neighborhood knows when I'm coming home and at what time I leave in the morning (5 am) just by the sound they make. When I ran the car last month at the street drags my daughter was taping the runs and the comments from the people in the stands when the car went by about the how the car sounded was well worth the price of the pipes. When I had the car on the dyno I got a face full of a great sounding engine when it was under a full pull, made the techs come out from the other shops just to see what my dyno guy was running :worship .

Attachments

·
Registered
914 Posts
while off topic, I must say I have a certain affinity for your signature... :winks

mustangbaxter said:
OK I have been playing around with getting the SLP loudmouths for my GT, so friday night, I pulled off the stock mufflers, and drove it around, the drone was really bad, and it was REALLY loud. My question is are the SLP's really THAT loud? or with the exaust being routed out the back, is it not as loud?? and before ya start the flamming, the pipes were put back on saturday AM.

Tim
P.S. what did you think the topic was:doh: ??????????

·
Registered
271 Posts
jiobao said:
while off topic, I must say I have a certain affinity for your signature... :winks
Leave it to you, Jiobao, to comment on that!!! :laughlitt

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for my sig..... it came about after my brother was showing me his new 05 Z06 Vette. And since he is older than I am, it just fits:evillol: . but again off topic, I must say, that Z06 is NO match for my 05 GT, but thats alright, any questions???? re-read my sig line....:shocked:

Tim

1 - 8 of 8 Posts