Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I swapped out my tail lights a little over week ago and after doing so I didn't have parking lights. So I went and got some fuses, the first one blew right away. I pulled the lights out and put the fuse in. They work, so I put the tail lights back on. Now my issue, I'm not sure if it's related. When I put the car in reverse the ambient light and reverse lights flash. I don't think anything else is wrong just that. Any suggestions?

·
Banned
885 Posts
What MY mustang do you have?Are you in the correct forum?

Sounds like you have a shorted wire somewhere.I'd start with whatever you worked on & double check everything.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a 2011 V6 Mustang. All I did was swap tail lights. I didn't do any wiring or anything.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Sorry to hear that Ricky. I hate when stuff like this happens. I would do as knk states above and retrace everything.

I'd probably put the OEM lights back in and see if the problem is still there. If not, then perhaps the lights you put in are just bad and need to be returned.

G

·
0 Posts
I have a 2011 V6 Mustang. All I did was swap tail lights. I didn't do any wiring or anything.
Please put your car's details into your sig line, it helps everyone to know what you're talking about.

Real good chance some wiring got messed-up when you changed your lights, or something is just wrong with the ones you installed.

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
Agree w/ yerbuddy. This way you know for certain, everything is coming into the lights the way it's supposed to be. Where/what did the replacements come from?

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They're Raxiom Tail lights from AM. They're just housings, I don't understand how they could possibly cause this. I will try swapping them out today though.

·
Banned
885 Posts
They're Raxiom Tail lights from AM. They're just housings, I don't understand how they could possibly cause this. I will try swapping them out today though.
1-I've seen a post or 2 somewhere about the raxiom tails cracking but nothing else like this.

2-Again sounds like you have a shorted wire somewhere.

3-Remove the tails & see if maybe you just pinched a wire when installed.Could happen & would cause a problem.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts