Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 89 hatch back and on the hatch itself the latch that holds it down in strong but i still get the hatch hitting the body on bumps i cant figure out what the prob is??

Also i have a slight "whistling" sound by the tire i believe right side but it only comes when the car is moving not when stopped so please help me cuz this stuff is annoying

·
Registered
107 Posts
Rubber bumpers in the Hatch Jamb can be screwed counter clockwise to raise them out from the body and tight to the hatch. This will stop it from hitting when going over bumps, but you need to watch the body lines. If you don't adjust it evenly, you may have one side higher than the other or a larger gap than you should from the body or tail light lenses. New hatch bumpers may be good because of the new rubber being firmer.

Front right tire... So is this isolated from the driver's seat or a passenger with their head out the window ha ha.
What kind of whistling? Not aware of it on these vehicles, but I know ford did have a problem on other late vehicles where the antenna caused whistling. I only said that because it's near the front right tire.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.