Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everything is going great with my car except for one thing and that is sync. I can't get it to work. The car picks up the device, but my device can't connect with my Mytouch4g. I went to the dealer and worked with my salesman, and another girl who knows more about it, and they couldn't get it to work. My salesman has a Droid and it connects within seconds without a problem at all! My dad has a mytouch 3g and he had problems connecting to his tablet with it. He called Tmobile and they said it wasn't compatable so I'm wondering it it's the same thing with Sync. I paid 450 bucks for this phone last Nov!

The Tmobile Douche at the store wasn't a help. He said go on the Sync website to see which phones work, but I can't find a list.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Everything is going great with my car except for one thing and that is sync. I can't get it to work. The car picks up the device, but my device can't connect with my Mytouch4g. I went to the dealer and worked with my salesman, and another girl who knows more about it, and they couldn't get it to work. My salesman has a Droid and it connects within seconds without a problem at all! My dad has a mytouch 3g and he had problems connecting to his tablet with it. He called Tmobile and they said it wasn't compatable so I'm wondering it it's the same thing with Sync. I paid 450 bucks for this phone last Nov!

The Tmobile Douche at the store wasn't a help. He said go on the Sync website to see which phones work, but I can't find a list.
Google "list of phones that work with Ford sync"

Latest list, but need to register it looks like

Vehicle - Choose Your Country

Old list -

http://www.syncmyride.com/own/supportcontent/pdf/iop_v100_us_en.pdf

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Google "list of phones that work with Ford sync"

Latest list, but need to register it looks like

Vehicle - Choose Your Country

Old list -

http://www.syncmyride.com/own/supportcontent/pdf/iop_v100_us_en.pdf

Thanks!

I looked at the new list. Mytouch4g isn't on there. Neither is the old 3g one!

The salesguy said to go to the tmobile store to see if they had a software update to download but they don't.

they're getting bought out by the evil ATT so I doubt Tmobile will do anything. Their customer support and store staff was top notch until the buyout was announced. Now they are no help. I can see why in a way knowing you will be out of a job soon.

Ashame cause Tmobile has great rates compared to ATT or anyone else other than sprint, but sprint doesnt have great coverage.

·
Official Ford Rep
433 Posts

Hi, I'm with the In-Vehicle Technology Team. I'm here to help with SYNC/Navigation related questions. :wavey

Thanks for the info Taskiss! We're aware the list is a bit outdated and are currently working on updating it. When it's available I'll post to let everyone know.

2006GTfan -

I'd like to recommend Reverse Pairing your MyTouch 4G. This phone has been known to hold a better connection when paired this way.
Unlike the normal process where your phone finds SYNC; SYNC will find your phone.

*Note: Discoverable Mode is located in your phone's Bluetooth Menu and must be set to ON

Standard Radio:

Note: To scroll, press SEEK or the Up/Down arrows.

1. Press the phone button to access the phone menu
2. Scroll to Add Device and press OK
3. It will say "Find SYNC" and begin giving instructions, instead of following the instructions, scroll up or to the left one time
4. The display should read "Find Devices"
5. With your phone set to discoverable mode Press Ok. SYNC will now look for your phone
6. Select your phone from the list of nearby devices and press OK
7. It will ask for a PIN, speak 1-2-3-4 as if you were giving a command, it will repeat it back to you once you finish
8. Press OK
9. Your phone will ask for a PIN, enter the same one (1-2-3-4)
press OK or enter on your phone. they will attempt to make a connection

Navigation Radio:

1. Press the phone button on the radio display
2. Select Settings
3. Select Add
4. Select Find Other Devices
5. Select your phone from the list of devices found by SYNC
6. You will be prompted to enter a PIN using the keypad on your screen, enter 1-2-3-4 as the PIN
7. Your phone will ask for a PIN as well, enter the same one
8. Press OK or enter on your phone, they will attempt to make a connection

Hope this helps!
~Jaclyn

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi, I'm with the In-Vehicle Technology Team. I'm here to help with SYNC/Navigation related questions. :wavey

Thanks for the info Taskiss! We're aware the list is a bit outdated and are currently working on updating it. When it's available I'll post to let everyone know.

2006GTfan -

I'd like to recommend Reverse Pairing your MyTouch 4G. This phone has been known to hold a better connection when paired this way.
Unlike the normal process where your phone finds SYNC; SYNC will find your phone.

*Note: Discoverable Mode is located in your phone's Bluetooth Menu and must be set to ON

Standard Radio:

Note: To scroll, press SEEK or the Up/Down arrows.

1. Press the phone button to access the phone menu
2. Scroll to Add Device and press OK
3. It will say "Find SYNC" and begin giving instructions, instead of following the instructions, scroll up or to the left one time
4. The display should read "Find Devices"
5. With your phone set to discoverable mode Press Ok. SYNC will now look for your phone
6. Select your phone from the list of nearby devices and press OK
7. It will ask for a PIN, speak 1-2-3-4 as if you were giving a command, it will repeat it back to you once you finish
8. Press OK
9. Your phone will ask for a PIN, enter the same one (1-2-3-4)
press OK or enter on your phone. they will attempt to make a connection

Navigation Radio:

1. Press the phone button on the radio display
2. Select Settings
3. Select Add
4. Select Find Other Devices
5. Select your phone from the list of devices found by SYNC
6. You will be prompted to enter a PIN using the keypad on your screen, enter 1-2-3-4 as the PIN
7. Your phone will ask for a PIN as well, enter the same one
8. Press OK or enter on your phone, they will attempt to make a connection

Hope this helps!
~Jaclyn
Thanks. When I get the chance I'll give it a try. Too hot this week and burns a lot of gas with AC on.

·
Official Ford Rep
433 Posts
Thanks. When I get the chance I'll give it a try. Too hot this week and burns a lot of gas with AC on.
Hopefully now that the weather is cooling off, you've had a chance to try it. Let me know what's going on!

~Jaclyn

·
Registered
228 Posts
I have a MyTouch4G running CyanogenMod 7.1 and it works fine.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have a MyTouch4G running CyanogenMod 7.1 and it works fine.
I had to buy a new battery for the mytouch because it kept draining fast. It's better now but still draining pretty quickly. I want to get a new cell phone but since I dont get a upgrade yet I would have to pay full price. I paid $450 bucks last Nov for this Mytouch. Last HTC phone I'll buy!

·
Registered
228 Posts
I had to buy a new battery for the mytouch because it kept draining fast. It's better now but still draining pretty quickly. I want to get a new cell phone but since I dont get a upgrade yet I would have to pay full price. I paid $450 bucks last Nov for this Mytouch. Last HTC phone I'll buy!
Totally OT for this forum, but HTC makes very good phones. Root it and install CM7. You'll be very happy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.