Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, hours after getting my stang back in February of this year, I was already at my local auto parts store looking for a copy of a Haynes Manual for my 2009 V6. All I could find was a manual for model years 2005-2007.

Will this manual be useful to me? I would imagine that there was not many major model changes between 2007 and 2009 that would render this manual useless to me. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
So, hours after getting my stang back in February of this year, I was already at my local auto parts store looking for a copy of a Haynes Manual for my 2009 V6. All I could find was a manual for model years 2005-2007.

Will this manual be useful to me? I would imagine that there was not many major model changes between 2007 and 2009 that would render this manual useless to me. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
manual should work fine as nothing really changed. also, watch ebay, i bought an actual ford tech dvd for $20 that kicks the crap out a haynes manual. its the actual dvd that ford issues to dealers. the one i have is for all 2005 fords. only thing is the dvds are expired so i have to set my computer system clock back to a date before april of 2006 before software will let me view data. dvd is great though, i love mine, shows everything step by step and includes fords tech notes and tsb bulletions:winks

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
"i have to set my computer system clock back to a date before april of 2006 before software will let me view data."

Please tell me the time your refering to is the time in the lover right corner of your desktop and not somthing deeper into the computer. If it's a simple change, then I'll begin my hunt for this DVD this weekend!

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
"i have to set my computer system clock back to a date before april of 2006 before software will let me view data."

Please tell me the time your refering to is the time in the lover right corner of your desktop and not somthing deeper into the computer. If it's a simple change, then I'll begin my hunt for this DVD this weekend!

yup, lower right corner of desktop. easy fix. the software just looks at the date, if its past april of 06 it says to contact ford for an updated disc. so im just lying to the software to get it to work. i actually have an old laptop that i dialed back to 2002 that i leave the disc in. dont use that comp for anything else anyway. dvd works great!

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
here ya go. search over. looks like price went up a little. i paid $20 + $5 ship a couple years ago. now they are $37. still worth it IMHO. love mine. the only things i know of that changed from 05 to 09 were all on the GT, so all the v6 info should be the same. what i really liked is that I also have an 06 f150 so this dvd covers both my vehicles.:winks

2004 2005 Ford Mustang GT Escape DVD Service Manual | eBay

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
here ya go. search over. looks like price went up a little. i paid $20 + $5 ship a couple years ago. now they are $37. still worth it IMHO. love mine. the only things i know of that changed from 05 to 09 were all on the GT, so all the v6 info should be the same. what i really liked is that I also have an 06 f150 so this dvd covers both my vehicles.:winks

2004 2005 Ford Mustang GT Escape DVD Service Manual | eBay

EXCELLENT!!!! Thank you for your help!

·
Registered
1,749 Posts

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
not to keep this thread going but you might be interested in ALLDATA. ALLDATA is what all the dealers and prof shops use and is awesome. this subject has been of interest to me as i am working on building my shop hopefully within the next 12 months with a lift and all the goodies so i checked on it.

ALLDATAdiy.com :: Buy Your Subscription Today

its actually not bad if you do the 5 year subscription. i have 3 vehicles and if i did a 5 year for all three its $45 for the 1st and $30 for each additional. comes to $105 for 5 years or roughly $20 per year. it would be worth $20 per year to get updated tsbs and service info on all of my cars as well as all the part numbers and even service times. for just your mustang for 5 years it would only be $9 per year! just thought i would pass this along, im probably going to subscribe when i get my shop up and going.

it sure was nice last weekend at my friends dealership when we installed my gears. ALLDATA had all the backlash tolerances, torque specs and even had the break in instructions:yup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts