Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have all the hand tools, i am doing this on a 90 mustang GT, i have a torque wrench, and i got my head gasket kit, but are there in specialty tools i will need let me know thank you

·
Super Moderator
40,151 Posts
just basic hand tools and a torque wrench is all it takes....but do these 2 things when you get the heads off=use a flat edge to check the heads to make sure they are not warped=with heads sitting upside down fill valve space with liquid and let it sit a while to see if any valves leak down.

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
Just normal handtools are all you need, nothing special. Do check the deck with a straight edge for flatness. And when you take the head off, make sure you keep tabs on the dowels, they could come out with the head or stay in the block. You'll definately want to reuse those.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks guys, i am actually swapping the heads out for another set of E7's, bucuz it got hot on me like twice, so instead of risking it or spending the money to have mine checked, im gettin a set off a buddy w/ fresh valve job, and heavy springs, i do not need the aftermarket springs, but i cant see them hurting me any, and i guess that just gives me more of a reason to do a cam swap later this year lol, but ya, i know i can do it, i am a Yamaha certified motorcycle tech, MMI graduate, i just didnt want to rip into this car, and not have a tool to finish it, thanks alot

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i got my car tore down today, except for the head bolts still need to come out, other than that i got all the other **** outta the way, it was easier than expected except i had to cut some stuck hoses, i coulda finished it all today, but i got bored and decided to go hangout w/ friends lol, but hopefully will be finished tomorrow

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.