Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any one have any experiece with Procomp or Prostar heads that sell on ebay. I am working on my first ever engine build for my 95 5.0 The price is very appealing. will 2.02 valves be to big. undecieded. I just bought my Gt40 intake so now just have to choose some heads.

·
Registered
13,138 Posts
Those heads are a chinese knock offs of the edelbrock heads. With work they can move some air but I personally have no experience with them. I have seen some of the intakes from them and they were okay for the price but again they had to be cleaned up some.

·
Banned
7,170 Posts
i have them. as rick said, they flow well with some work. i always do my own head work and over all they are pretty good heads. go with the 1.94 valves.

·
Registered
13,138 Posts
I saw a pair on a chevy and it laid down some nice number but they had been worked on, cleaned up and a custom valvetrain.

Are you buying new or used?

What is your budget?

Many of the heads on the market today have great potential to make power. As I can only speak for myself I am biased towards TW. I love them so much I have them on my lawnmower :laugh:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My budget is limited or should I say buy as I have money. My goal is to put down 300-325HP It is my first motor build and I want to make sure i do it right. I was also told to go with the 1.94 valves I am being told not to go to radical becuse of the T4MO Computer will not like it. I just may go with pro comp it sounds like a good base if I want to do bigger and better things down the line. right now i am looking for somthing to bolt on. Thanks for the feedback I have learned alot from these forums.

·
Registered
13,138 Posts
What is your budget right now for heads? New or used?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have about 600 saved up so far so i could buy a set of pro comps if i look hard enough but still undecieded

1 - 8 of 8 Posts