Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright what doo you all thiink is the best all around Long tube head and H pipe you can put on a 2009 GT looking for some ideas

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
And what would be the size to go with 1 3/4 or 1 5/8 etc

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
Kooks and AmericanRacing are the best for sure! Both come with needed x/h pipe as well! :bigthumbsup

1000th post!!!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1 5/8" is fine for a naturally aspirated car. 1 3/4 for supercharged or turbo.

I would like to add a SC down the road would the 1 3/4 big a LOSS with it Now (NA) and Ive heard that Headers dont do a thing over a 2009 Stock Header Manifold. That they are a waste of Money with aa im SC but thats why im asking dont really know?

So 1 5/8 Goood or 1 3/4 win it hurt me Now?

Thanks all for your Replys

·
Registered
10,877 Posts
I would like to add a SC down the road would the 1 3/4 big a LOSS with it Now (NA) and Ive heard that Headers dont do a thing over a 2009 Stock Header Manifold. That they are a waste of Money with aa im SC but thats why im asking dont really know?

If your going with a S/C later then go with the 1 3/4 now. you won't even feel it. That's the size I have now.

·
Premium Member
72,882 Posts

You will lose a little power in the lower range. Long tube headers are a vast improvement over the stock manifolds. Now if you were thinking shorties, the stock manifolds are just as good.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.