Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I'm 19, not super-mechanically inclined (yet). So this may seem stupid, but what do I need to replace here? The pipe, or my header? My exhaust has a lot of problems already =/ so I want to fix one of them. So help?

Attachments

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not yet, I'm scared to break anything. I've read alot about these torque ratings for bolts and didn't know if this is one of those cases where tightening would be a bad thing. But depending on peoples responses I just may.

·
Boss Member
4,627 Posts
Some penatrating oil most defitely. If have someone with torch to put on it may help. Just keep heat off the o2 sensor [Item with wires to it]. If that don't work may have replace pipe. Also look at the engine part of exhaust [exhaust manifold what the o2 screws into] It maybe cracked. If so will need to replace. I have read the Ford Ranger header will fit. I have not done it so advice from others on that area may help more than me. I notice now in signature doing custom exhaust. Let it be noisy and start looking for the header and do exhaust work at same time. Maurice

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.