Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well its just like the title says. I had a small leak develope, then it gradually got worse over the period of a day or so. Then it just got ruthless. Well I took it to the shop that installed all of it and he said the header gasket was blowed all to hell on the driver side so he replaced it. There was still a small tick even after he got done with it then. But I noticed before when I got the car up in the air in the garage, that I had at least 1 header bolt just plain missing. So I went back in yesterday and he checked it out and sure enough he got frustrated and was like damn it, that sob is blown again. Well he listened to it then told me he was gonna order me some better gaskets thats just wont blow. Then he raised it up in the air to tightne all the bolts up anyways. When he let it back down I thought the sound was way better but then he got to revving it a little and staring at the header. He said the front primary must have had the spot welds broke and the primary tube was pulling away from the flange. HE asked if I saw it and I was like yea maybe sort of not really lol. I mean the flange it connected to the motor so when the motor torques over the flanges go with it. But if only one primary tube came loose it shoule still stay in place because it is connected to the rest of the primaries and they are all still connected to the flange so with that said, how can that be.

And also I have the BBK headers going down to a UPR O/R X-pipe then back the the Flowmaster catback. But it seems the the x-pipe goes downward and the front side of the catback goes downward and the meet at the ball flanges but they go down when they meet. SO it hangs pretty low. They shop said they are starting to hate Flowmaster kits cause they havent been seeming to fit as good as they used to. Like they have installed a bunch of them and they just dont seem to be quite right like they use to be. So what are my options. They told me they have an exhaust guy that actually fixed a car like mine with the exact same problem the day before. He actually had to cut the pipes and make a few mandrel bends and push the exhaust up under the car more. But he said it looked sweet afterwards, you couldnt see any of it from the side. ANd before they said you could see like 2-3 inches hanging below the SFCs on that car and it was lowered. Although the guys at the shop said they thought mine looked worse than his though so I dunno what to do. I guess I'll have to get that guy to hack on my $hit one of these days and hope for the best.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.