Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i got an exhaust leak on both of my stock exhaust manifolds :(
so here's the question. should i get some CA legal headers. or just replace the stock exhaust manifolds. i already have a custom cat back exhaust so she sounds gorgeous :)

what are you thoughts?
also what CA legal headers would you recommend for an '01 gt Bullitt?

p.s. and of course i don't have as much cash as i want to spend at the moment so i can't get those $2000 racing headers! oh well

thanks
Angelo

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
BOTH failed? Very odd.

I would have to do some checking to see which headers are CARB certified. I would probably just keep the Bullitt (which I consider a collectible car, particularly if it is currently still OE) all Ford and go with replacement manifolds. Shorties don't add much power, and any other type of header would need a new mid-pipe to match.

·
Registered
547 Posts
as long as ur replacing them, you might as well go with a pair of shorty headers, even if you end up keeping the car for another 30 years swaping in some performance headers shouldnt be that big of a deal. i seriously doubt selling these cars at mecum is on many peoples mindes.

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
Shorties are about THE most expensive $:HP mod out there, but when comparing the cost to new OE manifolds (if they are even available), I suspect they are close to the same money.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I just installed a set of BBK shorties. I would NEVER do any work to the stock exhaust manifolds without replacing them with at least shorties. I gotta say, the BBK's fit is really well. They are a pain to install but everything lines up like it should. I haven't run the car yet or even started it up to see how it sounds/feels, but I know it isn't going to hurt the sound or performance. And at 299 through american muscle, can't really go wrong.

·
Registered
111 Posts
i recently put a set of the upr headers on my mustang. they are a shorty design and were actually built pretty well for the price. i paid about 200 bucks for them and they are stainless and ceramic coated ... the fit was really good, and they bolted in fairly easily. they are basically a copy of the ford racing headers at half the cost ... if you are looking for shorties that are even remotely easy to install i would recommend these... they really did fit surprisingly well

mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.