Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!,
I have a 2001 GT V8, totally stock engine, and I need your help to select headers, Mac Pro Chamber, or H, or X pipes, and mufflers.

I’m looking for the best combination to obtain a loud and good american muscle car sound with some HP gain.
My Stang isn’t a daily driver and here in Argentina, we don’t have emission controls so, I don’t need to maintain cat converters.

I would appreciate if you tell me if I must buy another parts too (i.e. MIL eliminators, chips, etc).
Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
re:

I have the non-cat MAC pro-chamber and the Flow Master Force 2 3-chamber cat-back system on my car. It's pretty loud when you get on it, but reasonably quiet out on the highway. I'm running MIL eliminators right now, but I'll turn the rear O2 sensors off with a programer once I get one. I'm running the stock manifolds, too much of a pain to put headers on for the performance returned and cost. if you want something really loud go with the MAC or Flow Master American Thunder cat-back systems with the pro-chamber. A guy here in town has the non-cat pro-chamber with the MAC cat-back system, his car is at least three times as loud as mine, sounds like a raped Indy car!!!

Scott

·
Registered
34 Posts
Everyone loves the sound of my car. i have ford racing shorty headers, bassani xpipe with cats, and flowmaster 40 series cat back. I would take the cats off but i dont like the raspy sound with them off. Headers i didnt notice a horsepower gain but the new engine sound is pretty sick. definatley would go with the bassani and flowmasters tho.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Alfredo said:
Hi!,
I have a 2001 GT V8, totally stock engine, and I need your help to select headers, Mac Pro Chamber, or H, or X pipes, and mufflers.

I’m looking for the best combination to obtain a loud and good american muscle car sound with some HP gain.
My Stang isn’t a daily driver and here in Argentina, we don’t have emission controls so, I don’t need to maintain cat converters.

I would appreciate if you tell me if I must buy another parts too (i.e. MIL eliminators, chips, etc).
Thanks in advance for your help.
BBK Longtube headers
BBK Off road X pipe
Magnaflow magnapacks

·
Registered
162 Posts
dallas02GT said:
BBK Longtube headers
BBK Off road X pipe
Magnaflow magnapacks
Exactly what I have minus the Magnaflows but with the American Thunder Flowmaster Catback, its the 40 series muffler. And it sounds killer.

·
Banned
918 Posts
The issue with BBK headers is with caqrs with the T45 you have to take one of the headers off in order to change the clutch being the bellhousing isn't seperate. I know Hooker, Flowtech(hooker knock offs) and Kooks allow the header to stay on.

For the cost shorties aren't cost effective for the hp gains through out the range unlike the LT's. Both Shorties and LT's will give you roughly the same rwhp gain 5-10 at peak, but LT's are better overall.

·
Registered
162 Posts
blackfang said:
The issue with BBK headers is with caqrs with the T45 you have to take one of the headers off in order to change the clutch being the bellhousing isn't seperate. I know Hooker, Flowtech(hooker knock offs) and Kooks allow the header to stay on.

For the cost shorties aren't cost effective for the hp gains through out the range unlike the LT's. Both Shorties and LT's will give you roughly the same rwhp gain 5-10 at peak, but LT's are better overall.
But what about with a 3650?

·
Banned
918 Posts
87_5point0 said:
But what about with a 3650?
If I recall your bellhousing isn't attached and you can run BBK's.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Whew :smoke:

·
Banned
918 Posts
Yeah, not bad for an F-Body lover who dont know sh!t when it comes to Mustang eh:D ?

·
Registered
162 Posts
blackfang said:
Yeah, not bad for an F-Body lover who dont know sh!t when it comes to Mustang eh:D ?
If I recall
If you recall you say, we'll find out for sure whenever I have to redo my clutch :thumbup

·
Banned
918 Posts
Actually It is the TKO transmissions that have the seperate Bellhousing, so your screwed too.

·
Registered
162 Posts

·
Banned
918 Posts
I knew one of the Tremec line had a seperate bellhousing. Not sure what gave me the idea first that it was the 3650 vice the tKO.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.