Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been going in circles on what type of headers to put on my 1994 mustang gt 5.0, I have been looking at the stainless shorty bbk headers. I have been told that if i buy shorty i might as well keep the factory headers on the car,I was also told that if i buy full length headers that they would drag.Any information would help alot.

thanks
my boys stang

·
Banned
12,436 Posts
yes shorties suck...full length will work fine get the best ones you can afford...they won't drag unless your car is slammed

S

·
0 Posts
Welcome to AFM! Go to the 5.0 sections and see what other members are running on their rides. All things considered, shorties aren't really going to gain you anything over the stock manifolds... depending on your current mods. I would head towards the LT solution and see what you can turn up.
Thanks for joining!:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
:kooky: Welcome to AFM. :yup:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
headers on 1994 mustang

yes shorties suck...full length will work fine get the best ones you can afford...they won't drag unless your car is slammed
thanks, i appreciate it alot,bbk is what i was leaning towards,i was looking on ebay at several items to tune up the car a bit..thanks again..

·
Registered
13,138 Posts
Do you have emission testing there as LT headers usually fail the visual.

And for shorties don't expect to set the HP world on fire but a set of shorties and off road H or X pipe will give you a few horse and make her sound nice.

As for headers you can go with MAC, BBK, JBA shorties as they are all pretty much the same. Now I will suggest getting them ceramic coated as they will look great years down the road and not rust out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts