Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow stang owners it is nearing the holiday season and the girlfreind decided she wanted to buy me car parts (SCORE!) for christmas. I dont want to ask for anything to insane so its between headers and ring and pinion gears. I am absolutely torn between the two. Which ones will give me more noticable power? but which one will help in the long run *supercharger in mind* if anyone would put in there input it would do me wonders! thanks guys!

RIDE ON

Johnny B.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Gears win, hands down! Go with the 4:10's unless you go with S/C anytime soon, in that case 3:73 may be a better choice. While you won't actually pick up any real power gain with the gears, you WILL feel the torque and acceleration! I do not believe, correct me if I am wrong, there are real significant gains with the headers and they can be a pain to install. From what I've read the GT has a pretty decent exhaust setup. My .02 cents.

·
Registered
897 Posts
i went JBA Longtubes Titanium Ceramic Coated and catted H-Pipe. You feel the difference and I improved from 12.82 to 12.69 in the 1/4mi. Be forwarned you will need the Steeda engine mounts if you don't want the headers to knock and you will need the H-Pipe at the same time.

Does your girlfriend really want to spend that kind of $$$ almost 1500+install.

Have her get you the gears $239 (USE FRPP ONLY) and if she's really generous the cost of install about $200-$250

R

·
0 Posts
Johnstone610 said:
Hello fellow stang owners it is nearing the holiday season and the girlfreind decided she wanted to buy me car parts (SCORE!) for christmas. I dont want to ask for anything to insane so its between headers and ring and pinion gears. I am absolutely torn between the two. Which ones will give me more noticable power? but which one will help in the long run *supercharger in mind* if anyone would put in there input it would do me wonders! thanks guys!

RIDE ON

Johnny B.
1. DOES SHE HAVE A SISTER!?! :drool:

2. Get the gears first. It will be like taking 300-400 pounds out of your car.
Auto-3.73, stick 4.10's. Some auto guys have 4.10's and lub em.
About $500-600 installed (Use FRPP!).

3. As thump_rrr said, the headers are more greenbacks. For decent Long
Tubes you are into $1500 and installed about $2000+. Also get a better
mid pipe like an X-pipe to increase flow, scavenging.

N

·
0 Posts
absolutely gears....hows this for a cool girlfriend...bmw m3 roars passed us on the interstate...my mouth waters and SHE says i dare you to try him....whipped him good....fun times fun times

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for all the help guys gears seem to be the common theme here... anyway can someone give me a direct link tot he 3.73 i amd running an auto and plan to supercharge so i am gonna go with the 3.73 ratio. thanks again!

·
Registered
465 Posts
Johnstone610 said:
thanks for all the help guys gears seem to be the common theme here... anyway can someone give me a direct link tot he 3.73 i amd running an auto and plan to supercharge so i am gonna go with the 3.73 ratio. thanks again!
I have an auto with 4:10 gears and love it! Go here as they offer both ratios.
http://www.stangstore.com/

1 - 7 of 7 Posts