Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering if there is some one that could tell me the diffrence of shorty headers Vs. long tube headers there pros and cons what is best for what

·
Banned
9,214 Posts
lo0ng tubes generally ad a few more bolt on HP.

shorties are for looks.

but you can stll make serious HP on shorties

·
Registered
403 Posts
long tubes might also provide a slight problem with clearance. Mine sit lower than shorties would so I have to watch it when I go over speed bumps or choose a different path to avoid them.

Stupid speed bumps.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Shorty headers can be a lot easier to work with. And also the clearance issue is a good pro for shorty headers.

·
Registered
88 Posts
hey buddy i was wondering the same thing about 2 weeks ago so i did some research. most everywhere i looked showed the shorties putting out slightly more torque on a dyno test up to around 5k rpm. as most of my driving doesnt exceed 5 thousand i decided to go shorty. I picked up a set of hedmans at summit and they bolted up no problems whatsoever. the bolts are easy to get to and torque so you dont have to worry about leaks. the only inconvenience for me was that summit does not carry any collector pipes and exhaust systems to bolt up to shorty headers. I ended up taking it to a local shop and the guy set me up with some 2.5 inch pipes that are tucked up very tight for $150. The power gain was shocking but i had also been running stock exhaust with my new intake and carb so i probably am finally starting to feel the gains from those add ons due to the free flowing exhaust. Anyway the shorties are great headers and for the way they fit and perform i would definitely recommend them for anyone.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Yeah, I got a good low-end torque boost from the shorties.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts