Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im lookin into buyin some headers for my car, a 95' v6, no mods yet except for exhaust...was lookin at the MAC 1.625 inch headers but im not sure which type of headers are better jont tube or shorty headers?????? and help is appreciated, thanks

NICK

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
eaglestar1010 said:
im lookin into buyin some headers for my car, a 95' v6, no mods yet except for exhaust...was lookin at the MAC 1.625 inch headers but im not sure which type of headers are better jont tube or shorty headers?????? and help is appreciated, thanks

NICK
MAc headers have few fans here. BBK makes a better quality set.

You won't gain much if anything though on an otherwise stock 95.

You're better spending your money on intake restrictions than exhaust.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Interesting on my 97 the car has real headers fron the factory. At least I'm assuming no one put them on since I just bought it used. All the hookups look factory. I'm impressed, round tubes and all. Headers on this car looks to be a waste of money.

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
rob-97 said:
Interesting on my 97 the car has real headers fron the factory. At least I'm assuming no one put them on since I just bought it used. All the hookups look factory. I'm impressed, round tubes and all. Headers on this car looks to be a waste of money.
they're technically not headers, they're tubular exhaust manifolds, since they don't have a collector.

but they are VERY good. they really don't amount to a restriction until you're pushing over 250 hp.

Headers will get you maybe 5 hp, but that's an expensive 5 hp.

·
Registered
30 Posts
agree, just not use to seeing them. My 99 V10 exhaust suck, just about a 1.5" pip running down the bank, not very freeflowing. The new 05 v10 have more header type exhaust. On the flip side my wifes 99 Surburban with a 350 has what I'd call "semi" cast iron type headers (better than most, some hang down), run dual cats into a 2 in and 1 out muffler.

If the OEM's really want more power from the factory they can do it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Jacked up this one this weekend to replace the fuel filter (in the middle above the pumpkin BTW), as someone mentioned in another thread, duals back, dual cats, then the Y pipe. Interesting. Other than sound I'm not sure why any exhaust changes would be worth it as you say. Regarding the sound, My V10 is like a V6, they just don't sound like a V8. I replaced the Flowmaster on the V10 to a stocker because the sound really sucked (IMO). I do notice a slight power loss but the truck is silent now.

I think I'm done with this one for now, just a toy until my son gets his license.

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
kev97mus said:
Headers, here are some of these. i usually look on mustang parts in here. pretty low prices for mustang parts.
Those are header panels, not exhaust headers . ..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.