Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everybody,
i was looking at some GT Styling headlight covers or some vinyl overlays for my black stang, i think they'd look pretty good, but im not sure about the legality of these covers. i've seen people driving with them, but some of the places that ive been looking say that they're for show use only. does anyone have these on their car or know if these statements are true or not.. i dont want to buy these and not be able to use them because of some obscure traffic law..thanks:smilie

·
Registered
364 Posts
You'd have to check with your local state DMV to be sure, but for the most part tinted headlight covers are illegal at night. (Which is why they are designed to be removed easily.)

·
Registered
230 Posts
I know that the State Troopers here in WA state look for those so they have a reason to pull you over- apparently they're illegal here. I see em occasionally on ricers...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Lense

One way to get around lens problems at night (whether being able to see or law enforcement noticing dimmer lights) is replacing bulbs with higher intensity ones. I didn't do anything special just bought the rather cheap bulbs that are 40% brighter.

So ya get the good looks during the day, can still see at night, and as a bonus you protect those headlight lenses from dulling over time.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
yea check your local dmv or something like that to see if they are legal or not...

now really, what is legal, im sure most our exhaust systems are illegal lol anyone runn NOS thats not legal in alot of places lol.

Just thinking

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am pretty sure the lens are illegal, here as well. As are neon license plate frames and tint greater than 20% I believe (it may be 40% for back window 20% for sides or something). But geez, it's Florida. Even the local PDs have cars with "limo tint" that you can't see through. So basically none of this stuff is enforced, but if you give them any inkling of reason to pull you over, or a hard time when they do, well...

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
purplesteeda said:
I am pretty sure the lens are illegal, here as well. As are neon license plate frames and tint greater than 20% I believe (it may be 40% for back window 20% for sides or something). But geez, it's Florida. Even the local PDs have cars with "limo tint" that you can't see through. So basically none of this stuff is enforced, but if you give them any inkling of reason to pull you over, or a hard time when they do, well...
Here in the Phoenix area it varries by municipality. Each city has their own rules. The TINT thing is pretty consistant. 40% on the front windows max. You can have anything you want on the back. You can spray paint the back windows black if you want. The headlight covers here are pretty much tolerated except in Glendale. Glendale is less tolerant of pretty much any mod.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.