Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the sun is out finally and I decide to wash the stang. When I was drying it in the garage, I noticed the bottom (2") of the drivers side headlight was fogged up. Anyone else seen this? A trip to the dealer in my future? Thanks all.

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Sounds like the seal has broken... which means yellowing is soon to follow.

I would wash it up... make sure there was moisture in there, then head to your dealer if near by.

Whatever you do, dont tell them anything about pressure washing. That might give them an out.

Good Luck.

I have no issues with this on my car at this time.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Kyle F said:
Sounds like the seal has broken... which means yellowing is soon to follow.

I would wash it up... make sure there was moisture in there, then head to your dealer if near by.

Whatever you do, dont tell them anything about pressure washing. That might give them an out.

Good Luck.

I have no issues with this on my car at this time.
Hey Kyle F,
No pressure washer used here. I'll check it in the AM and if it's still fogged, I'll head for the dealer. thanks.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Mine has waterspots on the inside edge. Most likely from the car wash. It goes in for service soon. I'm going to get them to check it out. It should be sealed against normal things like car washes.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I checked it before I left for the rink last night and it was gone. It's condensation or something similar on the bottom inside lens cover. I don't want it ripped apart unless it stays fogged for good.

·
Registered
59 Posts
One thing I tried on my F-150 when the Driving Lights got moisture in them:
Parked the truck in the garage and pulled the bulbs.
Had a few packs of Silica Gel packs that would fit in the Housing through the bulb opening. Be sure that you tie a string or similiar so you can get them back out. I let the truck sit for about a week then put bulbs back in. Have not had any moisture in them since. (Of course the gel packs were also re-activated in an oven before and removed from housing before puting bulbs back in).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts