Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got some headlight tint that isn't a plastic cover but a cling. Installation was a pain but once you work it enough it sticks nicely. It absolutely kills your headlights though. Looks great during that day, nice and smoked headlights. At night you might as well tape two flashlights to your hood.

I pulled them off 10 minutes after driving. If anyone wants them I'll ship them to you for $5 heh. They aren't as blue as my iPhone leads you to believe, they actually look gray/black. I don't know how you guys drive around with smoked headlights, especially V6's without the added "rally" lights.

Attachments

·
Registered
413 Posts
I just got some headlight tint that isn't a plastic cover but a cling. Installation was a pain but once you work it enough it sticks nicely. It absolutely kills your headlights though. Looks great during that day, nice and smoked headlights. At night you might as well tape two flashlights to your hood.

I pulled them off 10 minutes after driving. If anyone wants them I'll ship them to you for $5 heh. They aren't as blue as my iPhone leads you to believe, they actually look gray/black. I don't know how you guys drive around with smoked headlights, especially V6's without the added "rally" lights.
:hihi: I'll take them. lol

I think most people who have there headlights smoked usually have HIDs installed, or at least that's what I've heard.

·
Registered
895 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
I did this also back in October to the side markers as well using 5% VLT and luckily I live in an well lit area and don't have any night vision troubles. I also have silverstar ultras which are 50% brighter than oem so I'm at 150% of oem output with 5% VLT (95% Blocked) so I'm getting 55% of oem lighting output. I have gotten use to it but I may upgrade the wiring to the headlight to get more power and more brightness there as mentioned in another thread on here.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts