1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
147 Posts
well if you get it tinted make sure its static cling regular tint is not recommended for plastic surfaces due to expansion with heat. as far as covers go alot of people like them. one down side at least with the headlights is that if you dont have HID's your headlights will be super dim. but if you are not sure if you are going to like them or not go on ebay there is a guy who sells the static cling precut for like 9.99 with 2.99 shipping or so for the tailights and same for headlights if you like it great now you know if ya dont you arent out 150 bucks

·
Registered
491 Posts
yea i would make sure youve seen them at night before you buy them. i havent heard alot of good things about night driving with smoked headlights

·
Registered
3,823 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have HID's and they're insanely bright at night so I doubt that it'll dim too much at night. Thanks for the links guys, I'll definitely check them out. One thing I like though about the covers is that you can remove them if needed, so it's not as permanent.

·
Registered
80 Posts
If that's what you want to do....many people have them but it just reminds me of a honda civic I saw the other day...If you're going for the blacked out look do the tint. I had the covers on mine and they looked terrible.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I have HID's and they're insanely bright at night so I doubt that it'll dim too much at night. Thanks for the links guys, I'll definitely check them out. One thing I like though about the covers is that you can remove them if needed, so it's not as permanent.
Yeah My hids are nuts i have 35w my neighbor has 55w which are even more crazy and he put tint on his headlights and he gets about the same light as a halogen now. no joke. and btw static cling isnt permanent

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
I got mine precut by a tint shop for the headlights,fogs,signal lights,for $30....I installed them myself.I don't drive it in the dark much.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Yea go the ebay tint route, I did. I would also find a new tint guy because 150 is re-DONKulous. Here are my before and after:

Get these and youll be set, the install is easy too. Night time driving was bad with the covers, and with the tint its manageable.

Attachments

·
Registered
99 Posts
FordMustang06V6 that looks crazy nice on your car. I might go to 3-M and have them tint mine lol figure why not right? they have a shop just down the street from me or ill buy the tint online. I think it will work with my car

·
Registered
882 Posts
Thanks! Sweet yea you should try to install yourself Im telling you its easy. Yea it would look cool on your car. Best part, if your headlights have condensation, these tint films hide that!

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
I'm in favor of easily-reversible modifications, especially those that are counter to common sense and State, Federal, or local laws.

The plastic snap-on covers like in my pic protect the head and "fog" lamps in potentially-damaging environments - on track and in sandstorms. Easy-on, easy-off; probably not real healthy for the lights in situations where there isn't much airflow to cool them, but the covers have never been on when the lights are.

I do like the look of tinted head, tail, parking, and fog lights, but I also believe it is a bit irresponsible to have them permanently on a street-driven vehicle that sees use at night.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts