Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently ordered the front headlight covers and know that I'm going to have to upgrade my factory 2010 v6 headlights that do not have HIDs. However, I am on a budget- under $300, less being of course better. I am unsure whether to keep my stock headlights and just put HIDs in them, or upgrade to a halo headlight with or without HIDs. What will get me the most for my budget? Also something to consider, If I get the HIDs now for my stock headlights, will they be compatible with other halo headlights if I want to upgrade them later down the road? Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
DO NOT put HID bulbs in non-HID housings. You will be the king of the d-bags if you do that. They MUST go into projector housings, unless you don't mind blinding other drivers and being the root of all that is evil.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DO NOT put HID bulbs in non-HID housings. You will be the king of the d-bags if you do that. They MUST go into projector housings, unless you don't mind blinding other drivers and being the root of all that is evil.
Ok got it.... but what is the most affordable and brightest combination I can get for the cheapest price? I don't want to spend $320 on Raxiom housings and then have to pay another $200 for the HIDs. Is there any cheaper housings or different lights I can put in the stock housings that wont blind other drivers but still allow me to see the road good through black headlight covers? Thanks!

·
Registered
5,385 Posts
Is there any cheaper housings or different lights I can put in the stock housings that wont blind other drivers but still allow me to see the road good through black headlight covers? Thanks!
remove the black head light covers....facepalm2.gif

·
Registered
381 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
headlight covers are for show, not for driving. Might even be illegal where you live, as they are in Quebec.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
remove the black head light covers....facepalm2.gif
Ok I'll take them off... but I still want to know everyone's opinion on the best headlight set up for my budget because I am still looking to purchase HIDs.

·
Registered
132 Posts
What about putting the wire harness from the battery to the head lights, about $41.00, which give full voltage and a set of Perde head light bulbs, also very reasonable. This will give you a brighter whiter light output. Cheaper and legal.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts