Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I drive to work in the morning at 5:30am. The road I take is super dark, no other vehicals, lots of wild animals. I noticed that instead of pushing the light lever out and you pull it back in like you would to "flash somebody" The Fog lights stay on and the headlights are super bright in comparison to the regular "Bright Lights". I was wondering if there is a way to re-wire anything so that my bright lights would be the same lights if I pulled the lever towards me. Make sense? Thanks in advance! :happyhapp

·
Registered
24 Posts
I know what you're talking about. I actually asked the guys at the city fleet maintenance garage if they could do this to our Crown Vic Police Interceptors. It does really light up the road. We wanted to do this for extra lighting during traffic stops. (Yes, I'm one of those a**holes who passes out speeding tickets...especially to ricers!!:winks ) The tech told me that there are two filaments in the bulb, one for high beams and one for low. When you pull back on the stick, it lights up both filaments giving you that "instant sun" effect. He said that we would either burn out the bulb or burn out the wiring harness. It just causes either too much heat in the bulb, or too much current draw in the wires. Supposedly, this can happen when you put those HID effect bulbs on a stock harness, it can heat up to the point of failure, though I doubt if you would really burn up your car!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I had a feeling there would be temperature issues with that.
I am majoring in Administration of Justice so I will one day be an a-hole right along side you :eyepoppin

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.