Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting ready to have my car (73 Mach 1) painted. I was wondering if the headliner should be replaced before getting painted. I have read that the windshield and rear window need to be removed to replace the headliner. As additional information right now there is NO headliner (or rods for that matter). Any and all input is appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
9,200 Posts
Hello.If it was me, I would pull out the glass, paint the car, install the new headliner and then reinstall the glass.You don't really want to pull out the glass on a freshly painted car if you don't have to, and with no glass and no headliner you can address any rust issues you might have on that lip that the glass goes up against.It can look great with the glass in, but when you pull it out and actually get to look at that area it's often in less than stellar condition.But, that's just how I would do it.Others may have other ideas.Good luck.:)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the repies.That's pretty much what I had in my head, but I was hoping to avoid the logistical issues.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.