Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at getting a new headunit and have narrowed it down to AVIC-F900BT and the Kenwood DNX5120. I have done some research but wanted to hear some more input on which one to go with.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
I am looking at getting a new headunit and have narrowed it down to AVIC-F900BT and the Kenwood DNX5120. I have done some research but wanted to hear some more input on which one to go with.
I'm not a big fan of Pioneer or Kenwood and I strongly suggest that you check out an Alpine unit. The Alpine IVA-D310 & IVA-D106 are along the same lines as the two you picked out but the quality is far superior.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I would have to disagree. Alpine sucks with navigation right now. I would go with the Kenwood cause the AVIC models have bugs.

·
Registered
331 Posts
well the avic has been improved quite a bit within the last couple of days. pioneer just released a 2.0 firmware update that sped up the unit quite a bit and fixed a LOT of issues that made the unit so buggy. i have the f90bt and i actually like it now.

with the kenwood, be aware that the 5120 only has 2 sets of preouts. one set is fronts and the second set is rear/sub. the pioneer has 3 outputs front, rear and sub as well has bluetooth built in, unlike the kenwood's where you need the separate module.

personally, i think the kenwoods user intferface is terrible and the reason why i didnt go with it. its so old looking and difficult to navigate from menu to menu.

ipod control on both is great. usb cable with audio/video so you can play movies through both.

cruise over to avic411.com and check out what other people are saying about the f series nav. also, its windows ce based, so its extremely hackable.

ive installed many of both the pioneer and the kenwood navs and my opinion is the pioneer is better because of its ease of use and user interface.

·
Registered
52 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.