Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any problems with heater/AC flow in the Bi-level mode? I have an 05 V6 Convertible and my vents blow great until I switch to upper and lower. The floor has full power but, the upper vents are reduced to a dribble. My dealer says this is the way it was designed. It makes driving with the top down on a cold New England day miserable. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Peter

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
1. The dealer is right, if you take an airflow and then split it in half, each half is going to be half the strength of the entire airflow.....DUHHH!! :dunce:

2. Why the hell are you driving with the top down if its that cold outside? Save it for the summer.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
apparently you cant read well, he said that when he splits it the floor is getting all the air and nothing is going up top, not that the flow is being cut in half

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks TEX

Monkey boy- I was asking for advice from other owners. Maybe you should actually read my post and offer some input like "mine does the same thing or mine doesn't do that". Evidently you don't have a convertible or haven't used one to it's full potential.

Do either of you 2 have the same problem I have? I would be happy if the flow was split and not mostly going to the lower. I have already asked Ford to buy it back and am going through arbitration with my dealer. Any input would be appreciated.

Peter(without the dunce cap):sosad:

·
Registered
11,433 Posts
banjo919 said:
Monkey boy- I was asking for advice from other owners. Maybe you should actually read my post and offer some input like "mine does the same thing or mine doesn't do that". Evidently you don't have a convertible or haven't used one to it's full potential.

Do either of you 2 have the same problem I have? I would be happy if the flow was split and not mostly going to the lower. I have already asked Ford to buy it back and am going through arbitration with my dealer. Any input would be appreciated.

Peter(without the dunce cap):sosad:
The dial may be off on teh hvac unit (it happened to a volkswagon rabbit I had once.

Have you tried rotating the knob a few ticks (not an entire setting) back & forth?

·
Registered
11,433 Posts
banjo919 said:
Yup. Does yours blow pretty good on bi-level?
I've got an 03, it has an "afterburner" that kicks in on bi-level.

Actually, the AC compressor comes on, and it blows HARDER than just the floor alone.

I'd take it to a different dealership.

·
Registered
514 Posts
there are flaps that are vac controled to divert the air to the different settings....id bet the bi level vac motor isnt working

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The 05's are not vacuum controlled. They are motor driven. I need input from people with 2005's.

Pete

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.