Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Noticing a lot of heat in the footwell of my '14 GT. Noticable when the A/C is off. Temps hit 104°F today and I noticed this more so today. Also made worse by shifting frequently or stop and go traffic. Anyone else experiencing something similar? I figure it is just engine heat or transmission tunnel heat (due to it being made worse by clutch use). Anyway, hopefully your feedback on here will ease my mind!

·
Banned
835 Posts
+1 cats are right there.... Our cars get really hot, in the winter my side windows fog up because of the exhaust heat.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I recently purchased a set of Lloyds Luxe Floor Mats (48 oz). In addition to be being much thicker & more luxurious feeling, they seem to help insulate against the heat.
Dave

·
Banned
3,038 Posts
Right on with the cats.

Try running long tubes, specifically Kooks' offerings. Hope your feet aren't made of chocolate. :smoke:

·
Registered
131 Posts
That makes sense, I've been wondering the same thing. Its not unbearable but enough to notice.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Just a Suggestion!

Try this! Worth it in the long run. It's a little more work but pull the seats, lift the carpet, and DYNAMAT the area = much cooler interior and much quieter cabin.

G

·
Hi all,

Noticing a lot of heat in the footwell of my '14 GT. Noticable when the A/C is off. Temps hit 104°F today and I noticed this more so today. Also made worse by shifting frequently or stop and go traffic. Anyone else experiencing something similar? I figure it is just engine heat or transmission tunnel heat (due to it being made worse by clutch use). Anyway, hopefully your feedback on here will ease my mind!
These guys are great, Canuck89! You can always have your dealer check it out and make sure nothing else is going on. Be sure to contact Ford Canada at 1-800-565-3673, if you need further assistance.

Deysha

1 - 8 of 8 Posts