Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally found these thingys at ShopKo. I have been looking for several years for heated seat *covers* for my Fords with leather seats.

I believe they were $20 each.

Got it for my girlfriend and now having driven her car, I need two more. One for each front seat in the Mustang.

Also, yes, I checked and the thing doesn't get even hardly warm, underneath, after having it on, under my butt, for 20 minutes, so the leather shouldn't be wrecked.

The thing plugs into the power port and has it's own switch and hi/lo.

I would want to wire it directly into the fuse box though, so I don't have to remember to turn it off.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Could you post website where you bought it and some pictures?

·
Registered
829 Posts
Check out the real ones!

I put real ones in my '06. It took me 5 hours (I was very very fussy doing the work) but I gotta tell ya, incredible feeling for this old tired body. I got the 3 level premium system.

www.checkcorp.com

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Easy buy

KiLLeR_WoMBaT said:
Could you post website where you bought it and some pictures?
Easier than that...

I bought them at ShopKo.

You might have to wait until the stores have restocked, following the Christmas rush but it will be worth it. I haven't seen any in any stores since I bought that one. Should have bought three, had I known...

So very warm!

·
Registered
394 Posts
JetBlack,

FREAKIN' pictures please. :laughlitt

·
Registered
119 Posts
Gig4Fun....What was the cost? I checked out the site and could only find retail prices? Do you have to buy from an installer? Is this a DIY project or am I getting in over my head?

Thanks!

·
Registered
265 Posts
Anyone interested in heated seats should talk to KJ, he has them in his car and the install is pretty cool.

·
Registered
829 Posts
mustangaretuff said:
Anyone interested in heated seats should talk to KJ, he has them in his car and the install is pretty cool.
KJ and I have the same brand, (I found out about them from him) only differnce is I opted for the better 3 level temp setting set.

CinciForce - You could put them in yourself if you are patient and can follow directions. There are a few tasks about the install that require small hands (and mine a large) so my wife helped a bit. I set myself up as an installer/dealer because I own a shop. After doing them I would have to have $150 / $200 labor! They do have a retail price on their product page somewhere the last time I looked.

I just went there online and they have a link at the top of the products page that says: "order online". Follow that through.

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
KiLLeR_WoMBaT said:
JetBlack,

FREAKIN' pictures please. :laughlitt
Eeeeasy there tiger. I'll get pics when my GF brings her car back over here, today. Also will try to locate the box they came in so I can include that as well.

Incidentally, the covers are black so they should match many interiors.

-David

·
Registered
897 Posts
Gig4Fun said:
KJ and I have the same brand, (I found out about them from him) only differnce is I opted for the better 3 level temp setting set.

CinciForce - You could put them in yourself if you are patient and can follow directions. There are a few tasks about the install that require small hands (and mine a large) so my wife helped a bit. I set myself up as an installer/dealer because I own a shop. After doing them I would have to have $150 / $200 labor! They do have a retail price on their product page somewhere the last time I looked.

I just went there online and they have a link at the top of the products page that says: "order online". Follow that through.
I read somewhere that you only install it on the pasenger seatback but not on the passenger side seat cushon due to the pressure sensor for the passenger side SRS. Any truth to that? I highly doubt it.

·
Registered
829 Posts
thump_rrr said:
I read somewhere that you only install it on the pasenger seatback but not on the passenger side seat cushon due to the pressure sensor for the passenger side SRS. Any truth to that? I highly doubt it.
The seats both get the same install (back and bottom), no sensor issue. Correct as doubted.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts