Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah, I think I blew my heater core out. So the question of the day is....am I going to want someone who knows what they are doing replace this or what? I know it involves ripping out the dash and what have you. I am not exactly a "master of the interior" either. Its a 60 dollar part, but with labor I'll bet its in the $500 range. Any insight would be great...:eyebulge:

·
Registered
736 Posts
I replaced the heater core on my 95 GT. The only time I had help was when taking the dash off and putting it back on. Changing out the heater core makes replacing head gaskets look like changing an air filter. It took me a full weekend to do. There is not that many bolts holding it on, its where the bolts are that makes it so hard. I think I left two out when I put it back together just because I knew I couldn't get them back in. Don't get me wrong, its a straight forward process if you go by the book, its just very time consuming if your by yourself. First think you will have to do is have your freon taken out of the a/c system. When you get done they will put it back in for you. I had a local oil shop do it for 50 bucks. Overall I would do it again just because of the labor charges at a good shop.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Sometimes, if you start out on a project you know you're gonna hate (or do bad at) you end up failing miserably.

Owning a car is suppose to be fun. Sometimes getting to that fun involves hiring someone with experience and skill to do the things we are not equipped to do.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.