Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like the passanger side HEGO1 has a problem. Using calcon it is staying around 0 with some small jitter.

I have 12V and normal voltages (each side matches on all similar pin wires) with the key ON and engine off. Have not read voltages with engine running, but I did install a new HEGO sensor on that side with no change. Also swapped HEGO's from side to side, and HEGO1 always stays low-low.

Added: Also measured at HEGO's at idle. Output measures about .2 volts each sensor at idle. That seems weird but maybe OK because cam has noticable overlap.

20 year old Mustang so it might be another wiring issue (I've found several), but the car seems to run well and has a 14-15 AFR when in closed loop.

Anything I could be overlooking before checking hot and tracing through the harness again??? Maybe I blew the computer port welding in the bung fitting for the broadband, maybe a failed old wire. Maybe my error someplace else??

Does this mean much if everything is running normal??

Tnx,
Tom

·
Banned
96 Posts
It would mean that the adaptive won't be effective, and there may be other 'strategies' that are being bypassed as well... not sure though as I haven't looked at that in a while.

I would suspect a wiring problem from you are describing.
Possibly grounds?
maybe disconnect the ecu, and Ohm the wiring between the ecu and sensor???
I am shooting in the dark though, as I'm not very good at diagnostic stuff.
There are a couple other guys here who are though :bigthumbsup

good luck,
jason

·
Banned
96 Posts
Might want to double check that you selected HEGO1 as a datalogging channel as well, then reload the tune.
:headscratch:

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I fixed it.

It as has been typical someone years ago took a connector loose and when they reinstalled it they got the red silicon seal out of place and jammed between the male and female pins.

This was the connector near the charcoal cannister area where the right side sensor harness connects under the hood.

I found it by measuring voltages to ground along that harness with the key on and engine off.

Tom

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.