Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i live in el paso, tx, yea im sorry too, but the air here is very bad for racing so i hear. Is there any mod that could maybe change the air going into my car, i know that may sound weird but just wondering. I am running 14.4 consistantly and i want to dip into the 12's, what can i do. I have mac underdrives, mac prochamber, flowmaster, mac cai. I saw an evo run 11.8 at the track that night and would love to get with him n/a. the guys at texashotrods say they could get me to the low 12's with some tires and gears, is this possible? Oh by the way I drive an 01 gt 5 speed.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
I very much doubt that tires and gears alone will get you there. Maybe with some good driving itll help hit the high 13's.

Id like to say get some heads and an intake but Im a 5.0 guy, I dont know if there are many if any available for your car. A good tuner may help squeeze a couple of more ponies out of your car along with new cams.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
i just broke 13.9 i tihnk i can do 13.7 with my current mods, i had a squeel out of first that kinda slowed me ... i have flowmaster cat back bbk offroad xpipe coldair intake and diablo sport predator, and steeda shifter..... i raced last thurs and it was sorta humid.. and i did 13s i think with gears (3.90s ) that i am going ot get soon ill be able to break 13.5 or so

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.