Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2020 GT 500
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently own a 2020gt500 and 2021 HC RE wideboy. I've been contemplating on trading in the HC for the Dark Horse when it releases. Been going back and forth. Saw the Dark Horse last weekend at Barrett-Jackson, and pictures do it no justice. Looks really good in person. What's your guy's honest opinion? You think it worth trading in for a Dark Horse if you already own a GT500? Maybe I should just be patient about it, and wait for real user reviews...

· Registered
05 GT Premium, satin silver over red. Vortech Si-trim @ 9 psi.
487 Posts
You currently have the baddest regular production example of the S550 AND Challenger. I think you'll be sorry in a couple years when the Challenger is gone and your Dark Horse is now the second best S650 because Ford almost certainly has another Shelby coming down the pipe.
The S650 is really just an evolution of the S550. If you've just gotta have one, I'd suggest waiting for the new top dog Mustang to come out and then consider trading in the GT500 and keeping the HC. Then you still have two cars with distinct personalities rather than two variations on the same car.

· Registered
39 Posts
I would keep the HC. Got rid of my 1320 n hate it.

· Registered
3 Posts
You currently have the baddest regular production example of the S550 AND Challenger. I think you'll be sorry in a couple years when the Challenger is gone and your Dark Horse is now the second best S650 because Ford almost certainly has another Shelby coming down the pipe.
The S650 is really just an evolution of the S550. If you've just gotta have one, I'd suggest waiting for the new top dog Mustang to come out and then consider trading in the GT500 and keeping the HC. Then you still have two cars with distinct personalities rather than two variations on the same car.
Well said!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts