Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have doing research on a turbo kit for my 2012 gt and I came across the hellion town. From the reviews and read earth looks like a great kit for a gt with plenty of space to grow. Just seeing what people have for experience with this kit and opinions ?

·
Registered
826 Posts
I have doing research on a turbo kit for my 2012 gt and I came across the hellion town. From the reviews and read earth looks like a great kit for a gt with plenty of space to grow. Just seeing what people have for experience with this kit and opinions ?
That's a nice kit if you want to go the turbo route. As long as you keep the power output under 550-650hp on average, you will be able to safely play without too much risk.

Unfortunately, that kit has so much power potential, that once you start dialing up the boost, you are guaranteed that virtually everything from your engine block and rotating assembly to the rear axles will need upgrading.

Before going down this route, you best have the capital to play with the big boys. pacifier.gif

·
Registered
506 Posts
It all depends on the goals you have for your car. What exactly do u want it to do and how much money are you willing to spend?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My goals for my stang include:
I want a sub 10 sec 1/4 mile
A sleeper that I can use for a daily driver when I am home from flying trips

·
Registered
506 Posts
If you want a DD that can run 9's you're likely looking at a built engine in addition to a power adder. The Hellion Kit will definitely take u there but so would a supercharger, and something like a Paxton kit could get u in the 9's, it's cheaper than turbos and easier to install/tune.

·
Registered
214 Posts
9 secs will require alot of work asside from the turbos.
the install on the hellion kit is a major pain in the ass. i did mine and theres alot of things i would do different if i had to do it over.
mind you id still get the kit.
the problem i found with going with a SC is if you buy the sc for the power level you want in the end...even its lowest boost is too much for the stock block.
while with the turbos you can set it to 8lbs of boost for now and upgrade...pretty much everything later.
the other really nice thing about the turbo setup is you can choose to stay at 6 pounds of boost one the street and if you need it (quick pull/drag strip whatever) you dont need to swap anything just press a few buttons and you can have over 1200 rwhp available!!

Do yourself a favor if you do order the kit.
get the wrap and blankets and wrap everything before installing. some people will argue that you dont gain much it makes the pipes corode faster blablabla... F OFF my entire engine compartment was ready to melt. and you have no udea how much of a pain in the ass it is to wrap everything while its in the car.
get a battery reloc kit thatll also save you some issues.
get a custom made braided line for the ac on the passenger side (mine blew on the first highway pull i did even though the line was wraped and bent as shown)
if youre gonna go for over 1000hp get ID2000 injectors off the bat.
The Windshield washer setup in the kit is utter garbage.
get a water/meth kit and put the reservoir where the battery used to be and plumb it to be your windshield washer tank also.

And when i say pretty much everything will need an upgrade to push that boost/power i mean it.
the clutch the driveshaft the rear end (all of it) and the motor will all end up going kaboom in a really not fun way if you push too much boost before upgrading.
Then theres the problem of traction and stopping that also comes into play.

I thought the brembo package brakes would be fine on low boost for a while....WRONG first run out the shop (didnt even have the bumper up yet) i left skid marks all over the treet and almost left some bad ones in my shorts.
(braided lines,better fluid and better pads are all thats really needed to make a world of diff in this department mind you)
traction i havent solved yet but im aiming for 3 sets of wheels.
one for the street one for the track one for the strip.
only the widest and stickiest rubber money can buy (that can be fit under the car) will do.
my 275 nt555s break loose in third gear in a straiht line as it is to give you an idea hahaha

but all in all...i ******* LOVE my hellion TT kit

·
Registered
47 Posts
pretty much my dream setup. If you can afford to do it go for it. plus it looks so bad ass under hood...not to mention the sound

·
Registered
6,461 Posts
The Hellion twin kit is nice. I sell it.

Personally I went with the ProCharger D-1SC kit for the same reasons. I currently have a 10-second daily driven 2011 5.0 M6, which will easily run 9s with a built bottom end. I love it!

But you can do that with the Hellion kit as well. It's just a more involved installation.

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
64mm Precision CEA Billet Turbos (Ball Bearing Only) $1,8200.00
Typos can be funny!sarcastic.gif

·
Registered
109 Posts
What all has to be built on the engine to handle more power? I know some will say a upgrade everything but at what HP/TQ does part ABC start to fail?

·
Registered
214 Posts
The general consensus is that the block itself is maxed out by 1000hp
anything above that you will want sleeved block
stock everything is....a guess. some people have pushed 700+ without problems some have blown up with far less.
but oil pump gears and a rotating assembly should get you to 800+ easily (doesnt mean your driveshaft/rear end/clutch/tranny will survive though)
and ya youll want a shitload of other stuff so you dont put skidmarks in your pants and or kill yourself. (more traction and braking power is key here)

·
Registered
6,461 Posts
What all has to be built on the engine to handle more power? I know some will say a upgrade everything but at what HP/TQ does part ABC start to fail?
I'd say over 600rwhp, you're gambling. The stock pistons are the weakest link.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts