Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am really glad to have found this site. I've loved Mustangs for as long as I can remember, probably because of my Dad's love for his. He passed away in 2018 and I just took a drive from Nevada to Washington to bring home his 1968. It was the car that he and Mom had when I was born in 1971 and the car that they brought me home in, so it's real value is sentimental. He taught two of my aunts and one of my uncles how to drive in that car and I think each of them got into a fender bender in it. The car is all original and he'd always talked about restoring it with duel exhaust, adding a 4 barrel and a few other items. Well it sat in and out of the garage for about 20 years waiting for that to happen and never got around to it. I hope to restore it primarily myself, but the body and paint will be something that I will have done as I simply don't have the skill set to do it and I want it to be done right. The body is actually in pretty good shape, but there is definitely some shoddy work in the passenger side door and rear quarter. I haven' dug deeply yet, but the rust doesn't appear to be horrible and the original 289 and C4 are in pretty good working order though are in need of a complete rebuild.

I am certain I'll have a lot of questions along the way and am hopeful that I can lean on the experience of this group.

·
Administrator
8,570 Posts
Welcome to the site! That Mustang has quite a history with your family, I'm sure your Dad would be happy you're taking this on.

·
Super Moderator
7,644 Posts
Welcome to the forums from Texas. Nice intro.

Reactions: Robert Smith

·
Super Moderator
1,900 Posts
Welcome to ALLFORDMUSTANGS!
Please read the Site Rules and be sure to complete your account details.
We’re glad you’ve joined us.

Reactions: Robert Smith

·
Registered
38 Posts
Which part of Nevada? I know of a 68 Stang that is gone all of a sudden from my area, (Fallon). The way things are going in Washington State, you might want to think about coming back to Nevada. Lots of Calif moving here right now. And we have wide open roads to play on.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Which part of Nevada? I know of a 68 Stang that is gone all of a sudden from my area, (Fallon). The way things are going in Washington State, you might want to think about coming back to Nevada. Lots of Calif moving here right now. And we have wide open roads to play on.
I live in Minden, so only a little over an hour from where you're at in Fallon. The car is here with me now. I grew up in Washington (Portland/Vancouver metro area) but brought the car down here a few weeks back. Excited about the future and of getting it back into shape and on the road again.

·
Super Moderator
2,849 Posts
Welcome to AFM!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Well then pilgrim, maybe we can get together soon. My son lives in Kitsap county right now and hates it. Anything I can help you with, just say the word, retired now so time is not an issue.
RDW in Reno by the airport is the best of the best of the best when it comes to Fords. Everything from 64 to todays Stangs and Fords.

·
Registered
10,310 Posts
Welcome to AFM and thank you for the great story!

You've come to the right place for all of the knowledge you could need!

Reactions: crjackson

·
Administrator
13,244 Posts
Welcome!

·
Super Moderator
39,979 Posts
Welcome to the site!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts