Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to say hello and hope to learn as much as I can to get my car in the twelve second club. It's my daily driver and I just recently installed a vortech v3 and waiting until next week to get it tuned. Oh, its a 93 lx five speed. One owner, 54k original miles. In the last two months I installed bbk short headers, bbk h pipe, dynomax catback, C&L 76mm mass air, upr boostmaster. 36 pound injectors on the way and then tune. Other times tearing into the motor, what are some more suggestions to get faster. Oh and I had 3.73 gears installed too.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, looking forward to learning more about maxing out the performance of my car.

·
Registered
191 Posts
welcome! and sounds kool ill be waiting to see some times or some dyno sheets!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, I can't wait to post some. I still have the fmu hooked up and I am running real rich. But I am getting a occasional backfire out exaust at around 5k rpms. Just waiting on my tuner to get back in town. I can't wait to see what this supercharger will do after I get my air/fuel right.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Motor Stuff

Welcome Blx93lx..........

Sounds like you are on the right track.

Please tell a little more about your motor. Does it have the stock 93 5.0 roller motor with stock heads, are you running a cam, what type of ignition, or anything else you have done?

Wax87 had a great suggestion using 1.7 rockers. They should work fine on a stock motor, as long as the Cam is also Stock. You should see another 10 HP or better. (You may have to change the valve covers to keep the rockers from hitting)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Its all stock, heads, cam, intake. I recently picked up a explorer intake, just haven't installed it yet. As soon as the dust settles with my wife I am going to get some tfs 170 heads with the spring upgrade and some new rockers. My tuner had a death in the family so he is going to get back with me when he gets back to work.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts