Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to stop by and say hi. I got my first 2003 Mustang V6 3.8 about 3 months ago and its starting to get cold which means snow and ice are just around the corner. I have heard to put sandbags in your trunk to keep from sliding around and have more traction. Is this true? I also have a traction control button when do I use this? Thanks so much

·
Premium Member
72,878 Posts
Welcome... Sand over each wheel does help. Plus, if you get stuck, you can crack open the sand and sprinkle under the tires for extra traction.

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
Welcome... Sand over each wheel does help. Plus, if you get stuck, you can crack open the sand and sprinkle under the tires for extra traction.
Welcome to the Forum! :wavey
and ditto the above, I drove 5 Mustangs in the snow. One item to add to your trunk...a small shovel.
If you can afford snow tires that would be a plus, especially in the back.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Do I drive my Mustang in the winter? Occasionally. When the road is clean. Do I drive in the snow? Never. That's what the wife's car is for.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Welcome to AFM. My stang is my daily driver so I have to drive it no matter the weather. Fortunately, it doesn't snow alot here in east TN. :hihi:

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
Hiya, welcome to the site. There's a few traction tips here you can use.

·
Registered
6 Posts
hey man, I also live in Illinois and I know what you mean. This is going to be my stang's first winter and its going to be interesting! I need to pickup some sandbags though. They can't hurt.

·
Registered
10,019 Posts
Welcome to the site.
Enjoy !:bigthumbsup

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.