Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1970 Mustang Coupe 347 Stroker
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Name is Steve and I just picked up a 1970 Mustang Coupe with a 347 Stroker. This was the same year car I used for my road test back in the day (which was my fathers car...his was a Grande with the 302). Looking forward to getting some info and sharing the journey of restoring this beauty.

·
Registered
10,636 Posts
welcome to the forum and good luck; looks like an awesome project car

·
Super Moderator
3,506 Posts
Welcome and thank you for joining ALLFORDMUSTANGS!
Please read the Site Rules and be sure to complete your Account Settings.
We are glad you have chosen to be a part of our community and we hope you enjoy your stay.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Name is Steve and I just picked up a 1970 Mustang Coupe with a 347 Stroker. This was the same year car I used for my road test back in the day (which was my fathers car...his was a Grande with the 302). Looking forward to getting some info and sharing the journey of restoring this beauty.
. View attachment 780653
Welcome Steve, from Austin, Texas! Nice car. Good luck with the restoration.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thanks, what is the color blue on your 66?
Mystery blue. Haha. No idea. Bought it this way. It is almost like a bass worm purple in certain light. It changes drastically depending on the light. Closest guess is that it was once nightmist blue (an original '66 color) and one of the previous owners tried to get close to that original color on the repaint. Editing this reply to add this: Nightmist Blue 1966 Ford Mustang

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mystery blue. Haha. No idea. Bought it this way. It is almost like a bass worm purple in certain light. It changes drastically depending on the light. Closest guess is that it was once nightmist blue (an original '66 color) and one of the previous owners tried to get close to that original color on the repaint. Editing this reply to add this: Nightmist Blue 1966 Ford Mustang
I like it...I will put that in the running for when I paint...Thanks!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Good luck restoring your '70 Coupe! Anything interesting detail so far while decoding the VIN?
Nothing exciting...it's a J code with the 302 2v basic interior and the Grabber blue paint. I will make it exciting though!

·
Super Moderator
3,000 Posts
Welcome to AFM!

·
Headquarters
153 Posts
Nothing exciting...it's a J code with the 302 2v basic interior and the Grabber blue paint. I will make it exciting though!
Cool. Are you doing Grabber Blue again? Are you keeping the Torq Thrusts or replacing them with Magnums? Maybe even Minilites if you feel like doing a Trans Am build 😜

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Cool. Are you doing Grabber Blue again? Are you keeping the Torq Thrusts or replacing them with Magnums? Maybe even Minilites if you feel like doing a Trans Am build 😜
No a darker blue with a custom white stripe kit...And I definitely like the magnum 500 wheels...it's a classy look for these years. this is not an all around nuts and bolts original...

·
Registered
10,465 Posts
Welcome to AFM, it's great to have you!!

Reactions: POPS 70

·
Headquarters
153 Posts
No a darker blue with a custom white stripe kit...And I definitely like the magnum 500 wheels...it's a classy look for these years. this is not an all around nuts and bolts original...
Pretty excited about your build. I assume you're gunning for something close to this look? Plus the white stripes of course

73500C4C-E64C-43F0-9150-699B2174B164.jpeg

1 - 18 of 18 Posts