Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from purchasing my new to me '66 Mustang. It's a decent looking car with a 289, 3 speed automatic. The previous owner did some nice mods:
- Electric points
- Front Disc Brake Conversion
- Updated front suspension, new shocks, lower control arm, etc.
- New Dash (needs a better install job)
- New Gas tank
- Rebuit 289, less than 1k miles ago
- New Holley 2 barrel carb
- Flow Master dual exhaust, dumped

Here's some pics :D

Needless to say, I'm excited to get to work and start working out the kinks in this great car. I feel pretty good about the car mechanically so the first stop after showing the car to my wife was to take it straight to the body shop for a complete paint job. Going to keep it the same color. Here's the parts I need/want to replace.

- Hood
- front bumper
- side scoops
- quarter window molding
- front and rear window metal trim
- front grill (billet)
- gas cap

I'm new to this car thing. I'm coming from the motorcycle scene so please excuse my newb status.

I could really use some help in sourcing out these parts. Please post any reputable web sites I can order parts from. I'm in Houston, TX. :bigthumbsup

- Chill

Attachments

·
Registered
520 Posts
Good to see another texan on here.:wavey I get most my parts from dallas mustang but you being from houston, other sites may be better. MustangsUnlimited, CJPony, and Mustan Depot are usually the others i use. Just remember, Ebay is your friend if you are always on a Budget like me.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
471 Posts
:welcome to the site and thats a nice purchase :bigthumbsup.

·
Registered
233 Posts
me too!

Hey, I'm in TEXAS too!! Good ole HOT Houston! :wavey
dne'
Nice looking stang btw!! :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Welcome, nuther Houston driver here!! John's Mustangs is off of Chimney Rock but you must know what your looking for, the customer service is quite lacking. They DO NOT give advice, so don't ask. But you save shipping. I personally like Mustangs Unlimited for all around service.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.