Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to this website and my Mustang. I have worked on Mustangs a lot through out my high school life but never owned one. We have an electric car team at McMichael High School and I am a member. We took a 1992 Mustang and converted it to all electric. We also work on a 1998 V-8 Mustang that we use on autocross events.

I have a lot of experience with these cars working right but mine is not quite there. I have no full throttle and a rough start. I have checked the EGR valve, replaced the solenoid, checked plugs,wires, and coil pack, and also ran a vacuum test. At idle I am pulling 20 pounds of pressure. I would like to know if anyone could help me figure this out.

In a few days I am going to replace the fuel filter to see if that will help at all because the previous owner told me when he bought it, the car was not running at all and had been sitting for awhile.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Still Need Help

My car is still no working correctly. When I crank the car up in the mornings it dies two times then on the third try it stays going. Also sometimes when I go down the highway at a steady speed the car randomly loses all power. It stays running but when I press the gas pedal the car runs poorly and slows itself down but when I let off the pedal the car revs up.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Air Flow

I figured out that it is restricted air flow going in to the throttle body. I cleaned out the throttle body and took a piece off of the hose after the air filter and the car performs a lot better. I now have full throttle and no problems except for my transmission. It is a stock automatic transmission and it will not go in to overdrive. I was wondering if someone could help me out with this. I have heard that most of the time people have to replace the trans but I really would like fix it instead of replace it for now. I do not have the money to put in to the car yet.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts