Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and gals.

Well I am the proud owner of a 85 mustang lx 5.0. I just picked it up the other day. Before i had a 90 mustang lx 2.3. I am loving my 5.0. lol

Now for a couple questions.

What is most likely going to go out on this? it has an auto tranny and 128000 on the odometer.

OK so next question. My Intake manifold says. 5.0 H.O. as far as i know 85's did not come with an H.O. I could be mistaken though.

Also whats the best way to check the year of my car? the production date on the drivers side door says 89, but the date on the hood says 85. the reason i ask is because i went to buy an air filter for it and 85's have a circular air filter and mine is rectangular.

I will post some pics of it soon. Thanks for looking and i hope you may be able to answer some of my questions.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
243 Posts
Pretty sure they came with a 5.0ho. Um a quick way would be to count the head lights lol. They changed to the new style in 87. I think if you get the vin off it you can find a decoder website

·
Registered
46,020 Posts
The 1985 did come with an H.O. engine but it was carbureted. Pictures of the car would help, as would the VIN. Sounds like it's no where near original.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey guys i will get some pics up. sorry. i have been really busy trying to fix my xterra and working. i will get some pics tomorrow for you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts