Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the forum-I have a restored 65 GT that I have been papmering and driving hard for the last 15 years! I need some help though... I have a 1967 289 that I rebuilt 10 years ago-it's overheating and I have replaced all the pertinant parts-IE-Radiator, waterpump, thermostat, bi-passed the heatercore... I'm not having any coolant in the oil... Am I getting exhaust into the coolant... Any advise would be great!!

S

·
0 Posts
Welcome to AFM! Let me move this to the Classic section and get you some help. Thanks for joining and get some pictures up of your baby so we can see!
:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
124 Posts
If the exhaust is going into the coolant, you should have bubbles and an increase of pressure in the coolant when you open the radiator cap. Is this happening?

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Are you asking "Am I getting exhaust into the coolant"? or should you have said "I am getting exhaust into the coolant"?If you where getting exhasut into the coolant, it might not be overheating, but would /could overflow the coolant - puking enough out that it would eventually overheat. Head gaskets leaks are crazy sometimes and may cause overheating.A compression test (dry and wet) would be a good thing to perform to hopefully eliminate a head gasket leak.And welcome to the club! (even under the circumstances)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts