Ford Mustang Forum banner

Hello

1009 Views 8 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  ckp73
Hi all, and Happy Holidays and New Year. I just joined this week, I have been snooping around for somewhere to get good information about the newr Stangs. I bought mine in July after the Company I work for stuck it to us and took back our vehicles, though they did do me a big favor because now I am again an owner of one of the best cars ever made. I had a 69 many moons ago, and when I went to the dealer, which my younger brother sells for, and saw this car I bought it without even sitting in it. I have the Roush Stage 1, Windviel Blue, don't laugh, it is an automatic, but I drive it 110 miles a day back and forth. Price was really good, but then my brother would have suffered if he didn't get me into the Family plan for pricing :laughlitt.

I will probably have a zillion questions in the near future as I begin to do mods to this baby so be patient with me. I'm used to the older 60's - 70's type cars.

Nice meeting you all - Joe
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Welcome, nice meeting you.... Hang on it gets pretty goofy in the lounge sometimes! Tech page is a great place to get answers. I rely on the place to help me along.

I had a '69 and a '70 Mach so dumb of me to sell them, Russ
JPS51830 said:
Hi all, and Happy Holidays and New Year. I just joined this week, I have been snooping around for somewhere to get good information about the newr Stangs. I bought mine in July after the Company I work for stuck it to us and took back our vehicles, though they did do me a big favor because now I am again an owner of one of the best cars ever made. I had a 69 many moons ago, and when I went to the dealer, which my younger brother sells for, and saw this car I bought it without even sitting in it. I have the Roush Stage 1, Windviel Blue, don't laugh, it is an automatic, but I drive it 110 miles a day back and forth. Price was really good, but then my brother would have suffered if he didn't get me into the Family plan for pricing :laughlitt.

I will probably have a zillion questions in the near future as I begin to do mods to this baby so be patient with me. I'm used to the older 60's - 70's type cars.

Nice meeting you all - Joe
Hi Russ, Thanks, and I have been scouring the tech site pretty heavily. I had a 69 Mach back in the late 70's and I too was pretty dumb and let it go. But time has healed the wound by Ford when they came out with these models, they look and remind me a lot fo the older one.

Ciao for now - Joe
Welcome. :drink: Like Russ said, it can get rather goofy in the Lounge, but I've gotten a ton of information from these folks. Bunch of valuable experience here.

Happy New Year!!!
I had a 70 Mach 1 and was talked into putting in a full frame, tubbing and narrowing the rear end by a good friend of mine who at the time owned a custom car shop. Long story short, he had a falling out with his partner, closed the shop and the car sat in storage unfinished for 8 years until last year when I finally had to part it out.

I missed it until my 2005 GT arrived. LOL, maybe it's time to change my user name:eyepoppin .
Thanks for the welcome...Have a safe healthy and Happy New Year and I'm sure we'll chat through out on the site.

Joe
Welcome

How do you like the retro look? Do you think it comparable to your 69? I could also kick myself for letting go of my 66 vert. I am living a new dream with the 05 though.

I hope this new retro look takes you back a little to the old days.
Hi JD, I love the retro look. When I went into the dealership, one look and I told my brother to write it up for sale. I didn't even care if it started, I knew I would get it to do that later. Now the fun starts doing all the mods. It's stepping back in time and a lot of fun.

Have a safe and Happy New Year - Joe
Happy Holidays everyone.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.