Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone, I don't know if you've been keeping in touch but no guilt feelings. :wavey
I recently had an accident and I wanted to patch up the MUSTANG before I let insurance take care of it. The convertible top was working fine but the rear right little window couldn't be operated because of the hit. So, we got that solved. The two trashed wheels on the left, we replaced the good rim in the rear-right to the good tire in the front-left. Now the car is good in the front, but needs shoes for the rear.

Now, please don't misunderstand, I'm not asking for money, I'm not asking for guifts and I'm not asking for charities... I've gotten incredible support from some of our members here at AFM and I think it's already been a lot, I couldn't ask for more without feeling greedy.

So, what I wanted to ask is... I was running 15x7 in the front and rear of my MUSTANG. I just wanted to find the cheapest deal I could for two wheels and tires even of use. I am VERY short on money and while everyone knows I have big plans for the MUSTANG, I just wanna get it running and alive. Right now it's very sad for me to see it in tripods. I just wanna find ASAP (but without rush or stress to anyone... lol) two wheels and tires for the rear, preferently of the same size or bigger, brand new or used, but in fair condition. Remember for a 2001 MUSTANG 3.8L V6 the greatest size you can use in the rear is 17" height and/or 10.5" width. If the rims have the tires installed already, it would just be putting them in the car. I have the HUB caps and all the nuts of the wheels... so I just need tires and wheels but honestly I'm a college student with a part time job, so, I just need to solve this problem temporary the cheapest way and give life to the MUSTANG. Also, if you have some wheels and tires running around that you think would fit, please let me know. Here is a picture of the type of wheels for reference. :)

~Garcia~:bigthumbsup
I'm awakening from this dreadful nightmare. . . you all made it possible.

Attachments

·
Registered
585 Posts
I have to ask does that mean that your going to be the one that is blamed for the incident because you said you don't want insurance involved? TBH regardless just get insurance involved. While you can easilly go to the junkyard and find some matching wheels then go buy new tires, I'd reccomend alllowing the insurance you pay for be used. While you may see a premium increase, the reality is the amount increased is gonna be less than you are going to pay to patch up the car.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Honestly no, it wasn't my fault but I heard insurance is gonna go up if I do the claim. So I figured if I was gonna get a higher insurance quote, might as well spend the money to patch it up front myself. And wait until I can save $500 dollars which is the deductible and then get insurance involved.
Right now, I just need a temporary fix to stop this agony of seeing it inert, without moving just parked there.

·
Registered
585 Posts
I can sympathize with not wanting your insurance to go up and I can definetly understand hating that your mustang has damaged, but honestly look at how much money you've spent so far. I'd really strongly suggest going with the insurance route even if it means paying an extra hundred or two a year.

On the flip side though, I'd hit up the junkyards. If your just asfter something temporary it won't be terribly hard to find. Just keep in mind the 94-04's all have the same wheels lug patterns if I'm not mistaken.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awesome! That sound like a cheap place to get a couple of rims for temporary use. See, the thing is I only have one spare tire and after the crash two rims got messed up. No way to miss that, easier than 5th grade math. I really think I'm gonna make the claim, but if I'm asking for a cheap deal on wheels, I think it's kinda obvious I can't pay an extra $100 dollars every year. And on top of that, think about the insurance deductible. :frustrated:
I wanted to make some money off the partially destroyed rims and took them to recycling yesterday after I posted my previous response. The guy was offering me $20 dollars for the two rims. I mean, I could understand he was trying to get those two cheap. But, come on! Those wheels were pure aluminum and they are not missing more than .3% even with the damage they took.

So, anyways... I'll make the claim, I just cannot afford rates to go up, or a sudden hole in my pocket with the deductible. Besides, I love working in the car myself. Thanks for the tip though, it definitely came in handy.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update

Well, finally got the MUSTANG running. The wheels don't match but at least it's moving. About the insurance claim, the accident was nobody's fault so I'm not gonna mess up my clean record. I've been driving since 2006 without even a near miss until now. If it can remain that way, then let it be.
I will post pictures by request, but I'm jumping around because after the accidents some little things started failing. Nothing I can't deal with. Thanks for the help KILO.

By the way, here is what happened shortly after I had an accident. This was shot in the intersection of where I live. It's heartbreaking to me. (*PICTURES*)

~Garcia:bigthumbsup
I'm awakening from this dreadful nightmare. . . You all made it possible.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.