Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all new to the site here I just got a 1999 V6 5 speed mustang in a trade deal over the weekend. It has a lot of aftermarket goodies on it. My main concern being an aftermarket front bumper. I'm sure this topic has been beat to death but I'll upload some pics to hopefully help. I'm hitting it everywhere I was wandering if any of you could tell if it's lowered or if its just the low hanging bumper? Now that I have a mustang can't seem to find one my generation to compare to. Thanks in advance. Please dont grill me about wanting to raise it back up I'm just tired of scraping the bumper I've put a small crack in the bottom of bumper after just one weekend.

PS: I took a few measurements I only have a 1 in wheel well gap and 5 inch from bottom of side skirt to the ground. I've cranked the wheel and looked at the springs they look stock unless someone has cut them down. This is with stock 15" rim/ 205/65/15 tire combo

Attachments

· Registered
5,001 Posts
It is a one piece bumper...he can't remove a lower attachment.

Looks to me like it has been lowered, as you mentioned the springs could have been cut. That bumper looks ridiculous...find a stock replacement that should cure your problem....this car looks way too ricey for my tastes...

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is a little ricey but in person it looks good with the hood. And even with a stock bumper its still very little clearance got a set of stock springs from junkyard guess I'll tear it apart this weekend.

· Registered
5,001 Posts
I have a stock front bumper, lowered an 1.5inch in the front and have the Mach 1 chin spoiler and I have no issues clearing anything...good luck dude! Update the thread with the results. My vote is till with a stock bumper ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.