Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 mustang gt on my exhaust manifold where it bolts to the mid pipe the stud that sticks out of the exhaust manifold snapped and I need to get it out. I see it screwes. Into the manifold and there is like a round spacer on it but how do I get a good grip on it so I can twist it out please anyone who can help let me know thank you guys very much

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
The stud itself broke? Or the nut part of it got stripped? You could try some vice grips if the nut got stripped.

If the stud broke, I would suggest using the double nut method if there is still enough room to get 2 nuts on there. Put the first nut on really deep, then put another one on there and tighten it down really snug with the other nut. Then use a wrench to loosen with the first nut. The 2 nuts get locked together and it essentially turns into a bolt.

Can you post a picture of what it looks like?? That would help.

·
Registered
7,401 Posts
I'm assuming this is on the driver's side? If it is, I used some heat and a pair of vice grips to remove one that snapped on my car. I had one break on the passenger's side, and had to take the exhaust manifold out to get the stud out, because there's no room to work.

If you have someone who's a good welder (home welding skills won't work, trust me, I tried) they could possibly weld a nut onto the stud, and then you can use some heat and get it off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.