Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 Mustang Base Convertible with some headlight issues and I'm hoping that one of you can help. First of all, the low-beams turn on and off repeatedly; they stay on for about a minute when you first start the car, but they soon start turning on and off every 3-8 seconds with an audible "click". Secondly, the high-beams won't come on at all. flashing them does nothing, while putting them on steady just shuts off the low-beams and turns on the blue indicator light.

My first thought was the headlight switch but I'm puzzled because, as far as I know, it's not connected to the high-beams. Perhaps I have two separate problems?

This is my first Mustang (FINALLY) and I'm fairly new to working on cars in general, so any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Their are 4 fuses and one circuit breaker in the system. The breaker is in the headlight switch. They do go bad. The high beam and flash to pass is on another fuse. The low beams have individual fuses. Check all the fuses. And their is 2 panels. And i think you headlight switch may be bad. Peace Tom :bigthumbsup:bigthumbsup:bigthumbsup

1 - 2 of 2 Posts