Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i have a 87 5.0L with the stock H pipe that has 4 cats on it and 2.5" flowmaster mufflers and i wanna make the car a little louder... now because of where i live im gonna have to have cats on the car so i was thinking of getting the bbk 2.5" x pipe with high flow cats i belive the part number is 1662... im wondering if spending the 500$ will give me a better sound... or if there is any other options to give me a nice a little louder than stock sound maybe with a bit of a bark if u know what i mean and lol im sure u do.... thank u for any info on the subject!

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Best bet is to get on youtube and listen to the different combinations you can find there. When you find one you like, get it.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I have ford shorties with the bbk catted x and it even sounds good with the pos stock mufflers.I'll be ordering borlas soon since i got those parts cheap.Has a nice rumble 1st to 3rd then quiets down after.Having a convertible is a plus.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
use what you have, remove the tail pipes, cut the tips off and use them to dump the mufflers. I did this on a stock H and it sounds great - and the 2,000 rpm Flowmaster drone is gone.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts