Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an automatic 1993 Mustang lx hatchback 2.3L with 36k miles (got it from my grandmother who rarley drove it). Tonite I drove home from work and the car was running fine. When I went to leave my house I turned the key and all I hear is a loud click coming from under the hood. The engine doesn't turn over at all but all the electrical things seem to work fine (head lights, cd player, dashboard lights, no seatbelt beep). I try to press the brake and it only moves about an inch and the button on the shifter won't press in. Does anyone have any idea what this could be? Please help

·
Registered
1 Posts
Have you figured out the starting problem yet? I have a similar problem, it will randomly not get any fuel, but if left to sit for a while, it will start right up.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Either a bad or loose ground or loose connection between the solenoid and the starter. Also check and clean the battery terminals and leads.

·
Registered
41,825 Posts
Either a bad or loose ground or loose connection between the solenoid and the starter. Also check and clean the battery terminals and leads.
If your grandmother did not drive it to much that may be it. Keep us posted.:bigthumbsup

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.