Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just wanted to know what is the high speed color wire for my e fans my fans run all the time egnition on it turns on egnition off it turn off it has the factory harness but i was wondering how to always keep it on high and if you have a pic on a relay digram or how can i run it was just gonna cut the middle wire and leave the right and left wire pls help i live in south texas and the low are at the 90's imagine the high's

·
Registered
6,859 Posts
Sloooow down. I'm completely confused as what your problem is and what you are trying to do.

If you cut the low speed fan wire, this will disable the low speed fan. The fan will NOT run when the AC is on (yes on the GT the low speed fan is always on when the AC is on). This will cause the high speed fan to cycle on/off creating wild temperature swings.

Bad idea.

If you force the high speed fan to run all of the time, this will delay motor warm up, may prevent the motor from EVER reaching normal operating temperature on mild days, and hurt gas mileage (why? because the fan turns off above 45 MPH),

Not as bad of an idea as the 1st one but still not a good idea.

Why not fix what is wrong with the car the correct way?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts